6 Pennies...NOT ANYMORE!!!
You will not believe this...after passing those stinking 6 pennies for an eternity...they are now gone!!! I cannot believe it. It is so funny, I walk by them on a regular basis without making anything of it & then I mention it here...and badda-bing badda-boom...they are gone.
The funny thing is I think I know exactly who took them. It really does relate to my prior post about the 6 pennies: I am almost certain it is one of the young children from the church who was hanging around the area with the pennies. I heard him talking about some money that he found & I immediately knew. So, the next morning I went & checked & just as I had suspected...they were gone!
Finally, someone passed those pennies who valued them more than I did...or anyone else who travels that same path on a regular basis. Finally, someone looked at those pennies & thought it was worth reaching out & grabbing.
In light of my previous post however it is enlightening to look at that young boy as the answer to my devaluing of something that truly does have value. His innocence...his passion about his finding...the way he treasured what I passed up so often. There are some true lessons in there.
Well, enough for now...humorous in a number of ways however, intriguing at the same time :)

1 Comments:
Jeff,
I to have passed those same pennies and thought to myself. That is a strange place to put pennies. You are right though, I think that Quarters would have disappeared long ago, even if is was just one quarter. I didn't move the pennies because I always thought that the person that put them there would come back for them. But never put it together, until your blog, that they have been there so long. The funny thing is that you just talked about value, I just email Beth Waterman today talking to her about how hard it would be to home from a country that lived on 6 pennies to a country that thing they live in squalor because they don't have the newest and latest gadget. Thanks for the words.
Brian
12:31 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home