Tuesday, March 07, 2006

"Holy is the Lord"

It is interesting to me how we can sing songs week in & week out without understanding them. I have recently been challenged by God on one of my favorite songs, "Holy is the Lord" by Chris Tomlin. I have been reading a book by Jack Hayford called, Living the Spirit Formed Life. This book has a particular chapter that gave me a new understanding of what it means to say, "Holy is the Lord!"

I don't know about you, but most of the time when I think about God's holiness I think about Him being pure, clean & perfect. Those are true as well, however, Hayford points out that a primary aspect of it is the idea of God being the Ultimate Complete One! He is the most superior Whole One! He is the epitome of Wholeness! I love this picture because if He is this, then it is in His nature to share this with all of His creation. Hayford says, "This meaing of holiness holds a promise: Because God's holiness is complete and because it is His nature to give, He wants to share His holiness with us to complete us!"

Wow! What a tool in worship, to recognize that as I proclaim truth about Him it has profound impact on me & my life. To declare His holiness is to declare my wholeness through Him. "Holy is the Lord God Almighty. The earth is filled with His Glory!" My life is full of His Glory because it is no longer just the Jeff Hart that I have known...I am becoming the Jeff Hart that He has made me to be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home