The noise of Life...
"True silence is the rest of the mind, and is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment."
~William Penn
The latest for me is the recognition that I live in a world that is constantly yelling at me! In the formative years of my spiritual life as I look back I see that I often took the time to get away & be silent. Those times were the times in which I heard clearly the voice of the Lord & allowed Him to impart things in me that are beyond myself. Well, now as I take a spiritual inventory of my life I am recognizing that my heart & mind is bombarded with noise! Time is not nearly the luxury that it once was in my college single years...there is always something to be done! Satan has loved using this to stunt my growth in a way that I was blind to.
Here is the challenge for me...knowing that those times of silence are vital...& I mean VITAL to my spiritual growth & well being. Without it, I wither & continue on in a somewhat zombie-like state that echoes the noise that the world is yelling at me! I must live in the state of "Being Still & knowing that He is God." In this, I find peace & nourishment that raises me to new levels & gives God full access to my whole heart. Once again...no brillant thoughts here. Just a glimpse into where I am right now...a reminder to me & to you. Oh, I long to rest in that silent peace of His Presence, to push aside the pollution that clutters my mind & heart, to be still as a discipline of my spirit! My heart pants for that...do you?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home