Monday, April 03, 2006

Galatians 5

Freedom...
I was reading in Galatians 5 tonight & a number of things jumped out at me. First of all, it starts off with an intriguing verse that simply says..."It is for freedom that Christ has set us free!" I love the simple-complexity in this verse. But it brings me back to the fact that God wants me to be free because it is best for me, but also for me to experience freedom...it is an expression of love towards me. It is mine, but throughout this chapter He goes back to the fact that I must choose it...I must stand firm in freedom...or I am choosing bondage. Are you standing firm?

The only thing that counts...
The next big thing that jumps out at me is one of my favorite verses that states..."The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself in love!" Wow! What a verse. The ONLY thing that counts...the only thing that has value is faith...that comes out in love! The other thing that I love about this verse is how clearly it shows that a life of love is the only natural expression of living in freedom. To claim what Christ has done for us can only come out of us in an overwhelming rush of love. What is coming out of you?

Keep in Step...
Lastly, it struck me as it has many times before where Paul tells us to, "...keep in step with the Spirit..." I immediately picture a dance. Pardon the cliche, we've heard 1oo times that life is like a dance, but this was the image that I got. God...leading me each step of the way. Even though I don't know the steps...I don't know this dance...but He does! As a matter of fact, He was the one that made the whole thing up. What I love is that when you are dancing, you don't have to know all the steps...you just have to learn how to follow the lead. How is your dance?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home