The Spirit of God...in you!!!
Last night I was reading 1 Corinthians 2 & ran across a passage that struck me in a new way. In this passage, Paul discusses with the Corinthians that he didn't speak to them with any human wisdom or persuasion; however, they were drawn by something different.
From there he unpacks the work of the Spirit... It is so striking to me how simple he puts it,
"For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words."
What a thought...we have the Spirit that thinks the thoughts of God! We have the Spirit that has access to the power of an omnipotent God! We have the Spirit that sees the will of God! We have the Spirit that draws His Presence into ourselves.
How often I look to books & others for wisdom when the author of wisdom resides within me...waiting for me to ask.
If only I could grasp a fragment of the power of the Holy Spirit...if only I would rely...lean...rest...if only I would allow Him to have complete control............GREAT THINGS!!!
So I challenge you....stop right now & ask...what are the gaps in you that the Spirit is waiting to fill? Ask...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home