Hotel Review-Airtel Plaza Hotel

It is true that conferences are great times to reflect, refill & refocus, but you must admit that one of the most important things that happen on a trip is where you stay. We have the distinct privilege of lodging at Airtel Plaza Hotel in Van Nuys, CA. Airtel is connected to the Van Nuys Airport so one of the coolest things about the hotel is the theme. All of the people are dressed up like they are pilots & flight attendents & all the hotel locations have aviation themes...it's really kinda fun. The not so fun part about it is that while you are lounging out at the pool to have a relaxing sun slumber it is not uncommon to be suddenly startled by a huge airplane flying directly over you. These things are great, but there are 2 major things that really stick out to me:
1. Room Odor
It is really beyond me...this is really a very nice hotel, but my room smells like someone hid all of the lost dirty socks they have accumulated over the years under the bed or something. I looked to make sure...& I didn't find anything. I also looked in the closet...nothing! I don't know where the smell comes from, but I'm not sure I want to know :)
2. Towels
Walking into my hotel room, let me tell you...you would be impressed with just how stinking white the towels are. The walls almost look pale in comparison. You can tell, they take pride in their white towels. However, it didn't take me long to realize that there is one major principle in hotel towel maintenance. "Make them white at all costs!" I found this out after my first shower here...I thought I lost my first layer of skin. As I was drying off with my sandpaper...I mean...towel, all I could think was...man, this towel is really white :)
So, there are my observations...overall, great hotel, bed is comfy, air conditioning works...it is all good here is Cali. More to come folks :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home