Small steps...Big difference!
The other day I spent some time perusing the bookstore to see what kinds of new books are on the shelf & I noticed a running theme in the leadership section. There were a good 3 or 4 books in the "must read" section that had to do with small steps making a big difference.
I did a quick skim of this book & it was really interesting. The author talked about how she had found that small amounts of time have made all the difference in her life. So, every chapter of this book has specific seven minute exercises to make big life difference.
This was an interesting read & has many good exercises to do thoughout it.
This book was the second on that I saw & noticed that it was about a very similar thing, just a different spin. Small things making a big difference. Displaying the leadership principle that only one spark can start a forest fire, he talks from epidemics to leadership. Interesting leadership points from some unexpected places.
Anyways, I point out these books because it is becoming more & more evident to me that making a difference in the world has very little to do with not knowing enough or not having the resources to do it. It has everything to do with how we live out our day to day lives. What disciplines (or lack there of) shape our lives. I am seeing more & more that we are an incredibly undisciplined people. It is in the small unseen disciplines of everyday life that makes a life great. This makes me take a good long look at my life! How disciplined am I? How easy is it for me to get rocked? What is my greatness quotient? When my grandkids look at me...what will they say? What about you...
Labels: discipline, leadership



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home